Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A basket of soap! -Budget Craft

Hi!  Remember the soap basket I made for the Teacher's day gift?  Here is the tutorial...

Things to prepare :-

1. A bar of soap... I used a medium size one... no need to be expensive..just make sure it's smell good!
2. Some ribbons...I am using the 5mm width one...( thinner ones will do well also but make sure the needle's gap are smaller)
3. Scissor to cut and trim
4. A piece of wire
5. Some needles/ pins...I using 48 pieces for this design (if you don't have any bead head pins on hand.. you can load in some beads on you pin before use it)
6. A small piece of paper


Step #1 (You can skip this step...I did it because I think it's easier.)

1.  Cut out the paper into a small oval shape.  Fold into quarter and mark 5 dots with equal gap on the side.
2.  Make a small cut in at the dots you have marked.


3.  Fix the paper on the top of the soap with some needles / pins.



Step #2

1.  You need to stick in 24 pieces of pins all around the top of the soap...So, the paper that you placed on in Step #1 is to tell you the position of the pins to go into.

2.  You will have this when you finished.


3.  Now do the same for the bottom of the soap.


Step #3
1.  Take one end of the ribbon and slightly folded at the end.

2.  Pin the ribbon onto the soap with one of the pins you have pinned in earlier.


Step #4

1.  Now, wrap the ribbon around the needle. Start at the bottom and then to the top pin as in the picture below.





2.  Continue the same pattern of wrapping and you will see a pattern like this.

3.  Continue wrapping the whole soap.
4.  At the finishing, cut the ribbon and insert the end at the bottom of the soap and secure it with a pin.



   

1.  Take a piece of wire and load in some beads (You can also decorate the wire with ribbons...up to your creativity..)




2.  Fit the wire into the top of the soap when you finished.

Step #6

1.  You may need to cover the top unwrap area with some small flower or accessories.  There, it's done!

I told you this is easy and cheap too!  It makes such a wonderful small gift.


Have a nice day!

Love
PC

Sharing this craft with...
Lovely Crafty HomeMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Transformation ThursdayDIY under $5Beyond The Picket FenceSomewhat Simple

A Crafty SoireeJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialBWS tips buttonMakingKeeping It SimpleThe Shabby Nest
UndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketSunburnt Cow Handmade Shoplil luna link party button Keeping It SimpleBoogieboard CottageBWS tips buttonAnything RelatedhomeworkTuesday To Do FEaturedPhotobucket




27 comments:

  1. This is totally amazing,i am sure you will receive lots of appreciation & followers now :)
    Best of luck my dear.i am a follower now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fancy! Great tutorial, PC! I also love the little pink koala bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wickedly adorable! Following your blog from Sugar & Spice at 733. Pop on over to Wiccan Make Some Too when you can & say "hi".
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, who knew you could make something so neat out of a bar of soap! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and thank you for such a thorough tutorial!
    Your newest fan here - looking forward to more of your amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is gorgeous! I never would have been able to come up with something like that! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I loved reading your comment. Following you now too!
    -Angela
    (www.loveseweetlove.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Impressive! I am visiting from Somewhat Simple and I would LOVE if you would kindly link up this awesome idea to my very FIRST Delicately Constructed Fridays; a crafty linky party that starts tomorrow!
    Please :)
    Have a great day!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute ~ i have never seen anything else like it!!!

    thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my gallery wall ~ i really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How creative ! It makes such a wonderful gift

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is so creative, I've never seen anything like it before! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative idea! I love it!

    I'm your newest follower. Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you are amazing!! I would love for you to stop by and link up on Thursday!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi PC, This is such a clever and creative idea - I love the weaved ribbon - very pretty. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase party – I greatly appreciate it. I hope you don’t mind that I have included this in today’s features. Hope you have a lovely holiday weekend ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to have you come by my Make & Share craft hop at HOMEmomMADE.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for linking up to "It's a Party"!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so very beautiful, creative, and unique. And such beautiful work on the ribbon. It looks like it was woven.

    Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunburnt Cow link party. I featured you at All Thumbs Crafts.

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  18. This would make such a great shower gift! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing. I remember my grandmother making crafts out of ivory soap. I loved the smell of it.

    I'm a new GFC follower from Sew Can Do It.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks beautiful. I'm a new follower I hope to see you at http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have a link party every Monday. I would love for you to stop by next week and link up your table.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty....and would be such a awesome gift.....thank you for the tutorial....and I'm #112 follower....love your work....

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow you just took me back 15yrs ago, I remember doing this at school when I was 9 for arts and craft. looks good

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!