Thursday, July 7, 2011

Super easy recipe to die for - fried cauliflower

I know we should not be eating deep fried food that much, but these crispy cauliflowers are seriously addictive.  I went to a friend's house for dinner the other night and this side dish is too good!  I just love the sweet juice leaks against the golden crunchy skin in every bite.

yes..this is the real picture take from my kitchen...I made it.
(so very proud..hehe..cause I don't usually success on the 1st trial!)
So, this morning, I bought a head of cauliflower and try my hand on this so call so easy recipe as what my friend said so when she told me how to make it...

Ingredient :

Instead of using wheatflour, spices, garlic salt, garlic powder, oregano and parsley, breadcrumb for batter..I cheat...I went to the supermarket with the list of the batter ingredient and I saw a pre-mix flour so... why not..I'm really not that good in estimate the salt and spices things.. so, I use this.  Well, it do have all  or some of the ingredient mentioned by my friend.



and chopped up some cauliflower..

And here we go...

1.  Boil the cauliflower.  You can add in some salt in the water.  Just let it boiled for about 2 - 3 minutes.  It need not to be fully done.


2.  Mixed the cauliflower into the batter.



3.  Deep fry with oil.  I use olive oil.  Just for seconds..it will turn into golden brown like this one.



4.  Ready to serve! Yeah!  Mission accomplished!  It's don't really taste like the one my friend did, but Mei Mei and Jo Jo approved it!  One head of cauliflower gone in minutes after I placed on the dining table!  Mei Mei thought it was shrimp!  Well, it do have that texture and the color.

Eat * Enjoy * Be Grateful


Have a nice day


Love
PC

These fried cauliflowers are served in below parties...come and have a bite!



”Photobucket” Lovely Crafty HomePink Hippo PartyBWS tips buttonCookin' for my CaptainAnything RelatedFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special







5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love just about anything deep fried It's my weakness =o) But surprisingly I've never deep fried cauliflower before. Genius! It sounds delicious. (and I would buy the mix too) =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stay away from fried food but sometimes you need a little grease to curve the craving! THIS looks like what I need to curve that craving! So delicious looking. I can't wait to give it a try it out. I have a cajun fish fry flour mix that I can try. Thanks for this tutorial!

    -Nicole
    www.craftmysoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have several Asian markets in the neighborhood; I'm tracking that flour down, girl! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering. Not kidding!!! Sounds soooo good.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!