Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Easy, Fast, Useful....

My greatest joy of blogging is finding new friends who share the same interest with me and blast me with their 'out of the box' ideas!  My second favorite is to read comments.  I love comments, positive or negative ones...it doesn't matter - I just love to know how they feel when they read my posts and saw what 'craps' I did.

The post which I received the most feedback is my "There is a will...there is a way...", about how I came about a sequins sunburst mirror.  I got so many compliments from this piece and so very good comment.  The mirror is indeed awesome but how many of the viewers will really do it?  And there are comments too that a mirror is only a decor and not must functional...The method is simple but kind of time and patient consuming... I absolutely agree with all these opinions..

So, dear friends.... how about an 1 hour diy, real simple, easy and functional version of the sunburst stuff?  Something like this...

A sunburst clock  
(clock is much more functional 
and I bet everyone have a simple clock like this one)






I get mine from Ikea


cheap material on hand
a roll of polypropylene ribbon


Simply roll it up into a bow.


Make lots of them....I made 12 large and 12 small ones




Stick them together with a double side tape...you can be 
creative with the pattern...the ribbon is very flexible and easy to handle.


Fold it into any pattern you prefer...

Stick them onto the clock..


Hmmm....I guess I should paint the clock frame with some gold color..
now...what do you think?




Have a nice day!

Thanks to all who stop by
and 
help me share the craft joy around...


Live

Craft

Enjoy


PC

Blog hop party at It's Party Time - It's so very Cheri


Sharing this post with :-

homeworkTuesday To Do PartyAnything RelatedMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartyBoogieboard CottageConfessions of a Stay At Home MommyCherished Treasures”=http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20MondayBWS tips buttonMakingPink Hippo Partylil luna link party buttonTip Junkie handmade projectsPhotobucketManic Mother
Beyond The Picket FenceA Crafty SoireePhotobucket 
http://www.thethriftyhome.comDIY under $5


26 comments:

  1. Sooper Dooper Cutest project :)
    its looking awesome..i love how you fix these ribbons around!! well i think if you will paint the clock with the same color of ribbon then its cool,otherwise any mismatch will disturb the whole thing..
    I think white is also good with white wall paint..so you can enjoy this as it is!!
    Love it 100 times *(*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! I would definitely paint the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing ribbon patterns! This is so inexpensive and easy but it makes a big statement...love it, as usual, PC!

    I think you are being too hard on your mirror project - a mirror is just as useful as a clock. And here in Hollywood it is much MORE useful. The pretty people never get anywhere on time - but they always look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @CREATIVE MINDThanks Khadija, I think I will proceed to color the frame...Hmm, wonder if I can 'open' the front case to spice up the 'face' as well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rachel DThank you my dear, have a nice sew day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Michelle L.Your words really 'clear the cloud' in my mind - you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely gorgeous! I love the idea! I have the same clock in my office! I think I should spice it up a little now! Thanks doll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. u r too smart!!!!! brilliant idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your projects are always pretty! Another great and amazing idea PC :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Φοβερή ιδέα και πανεύκολη! Μπράβο σου, μου άρεσε πάρα πολύ. Τα χαιρετίσματά μου από την Ελλάδα!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I think it looks wonderful!

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You never cease to amaze. I would love it in a plum color or charcoal grey. I wonder if you could tape off the face and spray paint the whole thing. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so clever - it really looks like copper! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! At first glance I thought it was a metal clock. What a unique idea. Thanks for sharing.
    :)Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love this! Such a super idea. Thanks so much for sharing this with So Sweet Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I say it to you all the time, but WOW! You really need your own television series!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. how awesome! :) you make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Your clock is awesome! I am a new follower and would love for you to link up at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/08/14/blog-party-3/

    I look forward to blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lady! you are genius! Love this clock and I bet it would look super cool with a coat of copper paint too! I can't believe you did that with ribbon, staples and double stick tape! that's crazy! Featuring your awesomeness today and as always, thanks for linking up to WWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW... you gave such a beautiful look to that simple wall clock. Great job.

    We have a link-up party going on - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. I would really appreciate if you'd link up some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!