Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How to stretch Jeans at the Waist! Easy n Low Sew!

I have a few old jeans in my wardrobe that I absolutely love, but I don't wear them anymore because my waistline doesn't seems 'willing' to get back to it original measurement since I have my children.

I know there are dozens of way how we can 'recycle or upcycled' an old pair of jeans, but the best way I prefer is to be able 'wear' them again!

So, this is what I did!  This is a very simple, easy, low sew project to 'upsized' the waistline of your jeans.  I managed to expand the waistline another 1~2 inches in this way.  And the result...even much lovely that the old jeans...see the AFTER ...



and this below is the BEFORE
(the very beginning was a long one,
the second life was a capri...
the third life was a shorts as shown here...)



And now...
The forth life...
A sexy hot shorts with fabric tie waistband


Here is how I started...
a "27 inches " waist jeans..


I use a blade cutter to remove the waist band of the jeans.


After remove the waist band,
try to wear the jeans to see if it fit now.
If it doesn't fit, then...this tutorial may not be a good option!

The waist line without the original waist band should
be able to expand about 1~ 2 inches...you make try to
pull it a little if you need a little more than that!

Now, after you get the waist line 'fit' your current 'measurement'
I use a 3" x 5' fabric scrap...
you can use a ribbon, scarf or maybe a broad bias tape...
and hem it on the waist line


Start to wrap the hem from the back middle of the waist line
and work toward the front.  You should have
excess length at both ends of the front so you can tie a knot when wear it.


Then, just run a simple straight stitch with a sewing machine.

There, all done!
Replace the rigid waist band with a fabric strap, allow 
more flexible waist band...

Anyway...still need to continue my diet plan...
it's not a good sign to 'upsized' your waist line!


So, does this spank an idea?
Good luck

Love
PC


Thanks for feature

 


Sharing this with
  Confessions of a Stay At Home MommyPhotobucketTuesday To Do FEaturedOur Delightful HomehomeworkThe DIY DreamerLil\'Luna
http://www.thethriftyhome.comA Crafty SoireePhotobucketPhotobucketToys In The DryerThe Shabby NestChic on a Shoestring DecoratingbuttonPhotobucket
Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialI Heart Nap TimeDIY Show Off UndertheTableandDreaming Keeping It Simple

34 comments:

  1. OH that is just too cool PC! You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. It's crossed my mind before but I've never actually done it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea!!!! Thanks for sharing. I have multiple sizes in my closest. Pre-kiddo and post. LOL I hate parting with good clothes. This might help me extend my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a simple solution! Glad I found your post through "One Project at a Time" You can check out my blog if you like!
    http://www.accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually have a problem with the waists, it's the backside. If you know how to expand them at the butt, I'd love to know ;-) Yours turned out cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so comfortable and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea. I have a pair of pants I that could use this idea :)

    Christine @ projectsaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. !!!!! Excellent idea.!!!

    I like it.

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jean-ius idea!! No seriously, I will be doing this! My waist has not snapped back into shape like the rest of me after 3 kids...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thrilled to have found you! I have several pairs of jeans I've been holding on to but they don't fit. Thanks. I found you on Thrifty Home and I'm so happy to be following you, if you can please follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea! Definitely something to try out! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that's a great idea! Thank you!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing this idea! I have the same problem with some of my jeans, I'll have to give it a try!
    Thank you!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cuteness time a million! I love this idea - when my jeans are too tight I unbutton the top and wear a big shirt to hide it. Goodbye big shirt - hello stylish tied jeans! This is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, this is cool! My problem areas are the hip and lower tummy. And I haven't got children yet!
    Thanks for your kind comment. I visited your Penang blog, too! I hope you'll stop by again soon!

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea!

    I would love it if you would share this on my new link party:
    http://www.maidendshade.com/2012/05/youve-got-it-maiden-dshade-link-party-1.html

    Thanks!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love this idea! I have so many pairs of jeans that are way too tight at the waist but fit everywhere else! Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tute on expanding the waistline! I can see that this would work with "mom" jeans that are really high wasted!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh - I am so sending you a big thank you PC! I have several really nice jeans my daughters no longer want - I could always fix the length (they are 5'7" and I am 5'1" at best) but now I can make them comfortable as well! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. FABULOUS!!!! Oh boy do I ever have a bunch for jeans I could do this to!!

    Thanks so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea! I could definitely use this idea - thanks for sharing and linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a good idea! Thanks so much for sharing at Sunday Round Up!
    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea! Thanks for linking up! Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi PC, I've featured this post today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/06/threading-your-way-features_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well done, I think they look great! I will try this with a pair of shorts I was about to throw out, I've nothing to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have just tried this with a pair of jeans that I loved but I hadn't been able to wear for over a year. It's brilliant! I got great results and can wear my jeans again :). Thanks so much for the idea and tutorial!

    http://andhavingwritmoveson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. See you got lots of comments on this post, PC. Could it be many of us have upsized waists? Great idea and I may apply it to a couple of pairs of pants that aren't jeans, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!